St. Catherine Academy is a Catholic all-girls college preparatory school located in Wixom. Opening in 2010, we have grown in number and academic excellence in an authentically Catholic environment. Our mission is to educate young women to develop their feminine genius — their unique dignity, identity, and gifts as women created in the image of God. We form the whole woman through faith, reason, leadership, and sisterhood flowing from God-given direction and inspiration from the virtuous life of our patroness, St. Catherine of Siena, allowing us to send graduates out to set the world ablaze!
• 2023 Enrollment: 216 (All-Female)
• Financial Aid Offered: Yes
• Financial Aid Deadline: January 12, then rolling
• Scholarships Offered: Yes
• Scholarship Deadline: January 12
• Admission Requirements: Application; Shadow/Tour; Essay; Teacher Recommendation(s); 7th/8th Grade Report Cards; Standardized Test Scores; HSPT/PSAT Scores
• Priority Application Deadline: December 15, then rolling Priority
• Financial Aid Deadline: December 15, then rolling Scholarship
• Essay Deadline: January 12, see website for details
Tiffany Tatman - Director of Admissions
• [email protected]
• 248-946-4848 ext 112
Faith formation is essential at St. Catherine. The spiritual life of our STARS is directed toward nurturing her personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Theology is required for all four years, with an additional credit of Philosophy taken in the junior or senior year. Daily Mass immediately before lunch is an integral and nourishing part of our day providing peaceful and prayerful time and space in which to celebrate Eucharist together. Campus ministry and faith formation highlights include annual retreats, spiritual direction, morning prayer, adoration, pilgrimages, mission trips, and service projects.
UNIQUE ACADEMIC OFFERINGS:
We offer students a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum including a full array of Honors and Advanced Placement courses. A hallmark of our program is the utilization of the Harkness method, a student-centered, discussion-based format, with students seated in a large oval configuration, similar in nature to Socratic teaching. The study of Latin and Philosophy provides the foundation around which the core academic courses are built. Electives are offered in all disciplines. We offer an intensive science program that includes a pre-medicine internship opportunity in the senior year for students who meet the academic requirements. SCA maintains an on-campus as well as an asynchronous online dual-enrollment arrangement with Lawrence Technical University (LTU) and Madonna University. Additionally - SCA offers a unique Senior Independent Project allowing interested students to propose internship opportunities, explore curricula beyond what is available within the curriculum, or create a specialized project that results in a research project, performance, or other significant work (ie Ted Talk) that the senior would design and present. This is made possible due to the 80-minute block schedule courses.
• Fall Sports: Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Pom Pon/Dance, Swim/Dive, Volleyball
• Winter Sports: Basketball, Competitive Cheer, Ice Hockey, Pom Pon/Dance, Skiing
• Spring Sports: Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field
CO-CURRICULAR CLUBS & ACTIVITIES:
• Clubs (includes, but not limited to): Ambassadors (Admissions Hostesses), CASA, Debate, EnCHANTers (Gregorian Chant), Theology Tidbits (Bible Study), Environmental, Gianna Molla (pro-life), Latin, Mental Health Awareness, Needles and Hooks (knitting service club), Photography, Pickleball, Robotics Team, SCA Praise (praise and worship). SCA Times (newspaper), Spirit, Table-Top (board games), Visual Arts Appreciation, Young Intellectuals (YIC – cultural experiences)
• Activities: First Robotics, HOSA (future health professionals), National Honor Society (by invitation), Performing Arts (Theater, Music, Coffee House)