Rooted in the Catholic tradition, Shrine Catholic High School & Academy challenges students to integrate their academic, athletic, and artistic potential as future Christian leaders. Shrine is a parish, college preparatory, co-educational high school on a 17-acre campus in Royal Oak, across from Beaumont Hospital. We draw students from 40+ grade schools and 44 zip codes. In addition to our close knit community, we are proud of our commitment to Gospel values, academic excellence and social responsibility that prepares students to lead lives with faith, compassion and respect for all.
• 2023 Enrollment: 226 (Co-Educational)
• Financial Aid Offered: Yes
• Financial Aid Deadline: January 15
• Scholarships Offered: Yes
• Scholarship Deadline: Deadlines vary. Please see the website.
• Admission Requirements: Application; Essay; Discipline Release; 7th/8th Grade Report Cards; Standardized Test Scores; Student Profile
• Application Deadline: December 18, then rolling
Shelagh Gleeson - Admission Associate
• [email protected]
• 248-549-2925 x2528
Students attend daily theology classes, weekly mass, all-schools masses at the National Shrine of the Little Flower Basilica, class retreats and periodic reconciliation and adoration services. Optional opportunities: Kairos retreat, National Catholic Youth Conference, National March for Life in D.C. and summer mission service trips. 10 hours of service required per year, with many exceeding that. The Class of 2020 averaged 99 hours per student during their high school career.
UNIQUE ACADEMIC OFFERINGS:
11 AP/7 Honors Courses (English/math/science/social studies), Dual Enrollment (World Language/Engineering/Business). Study Hall support with two full-time Response-to-Intervention teachers. Engineering and business curriculums; Beaumont Med Bio class focuses on allied health careers. Award-winning fine arts with consistent admission to highly-selective college programs. Dynamic performing arts with four curricular/three extracurricular choirs and concert band. Comprehensive college counseling, beginning in eighth grade and emphasizing the right fit, that builds on the foundation set at Shrine.
• Boys: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling (co-op), Cross Country, Football, Golf, Hockey (co-op), Lacrosse, Soccer, Track & Field, and Wrestling.
• Girls: Basketball, Bowling (co-op), Cross Country, Dance, Figure Skating (co-op), Golf, Hockey (co-op), Skiing (co-op), Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving (co-op), Tennis, Track & Field, and Volleyball.
CO-CURRICULAR CLUBS & ACTIVITIES:
National Honors Society (NHS), Student Council (SLE C), Lifted (all-female), Green Club, U NICEF Service Club, Altar Servers, Eucharistic Ministers, Sweet Harmony (all female choir), Knights men (all male choir), Fall Play, Spring Musical, DECA (business club), World Language Club, Yearbook, The Observer Newspaper, Robotics, Music Ministry