Loyola High School is an all-male Catholic high school run in the Jesuit tradition; nurtured in a culture of hope and academic success, drawing upon the experience and expertise of over 450 years of Jesuit education. The Loyola philosophy of education is to enhance and enrich the mind, heart, body, and spirit. We seek to graduate young men who are prepared for the next stage of formal education – college, university, or skilled trades program – and who will give back to the community as “Men for Others.”
• Enrollment: 150 (All-Male)
• Financial Aid Offered: Yes
• Scholarships Offered: No
• Admission Requirements: Application; Interview; Teacher Recommendation(s); 7th/8th Grade Report Cards
• Application Deadline: January 1
Paul Davis '11 - Director of Admissions
• [email protected]
• 313-861-2407 ext. 510
Morning Prayer is held every day at 8:00 a.m. for all students, faculty, and staff. Together, we build upon our faith, and strengthen our connection to Christ. As a faith community, we gather for all-school Masses once a quarter, and engage in community service. Every grade level participates in a retreat each year which allows time for reflection and spiritual development. The goals of a Jesuit education are to be Loving, Religious, Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, and Committed to Doing Justice.
UNIQUE ACADEMIC OFFERINGS:
• One of the unique experiences of a Loyola education is our Work Experience Program. It allows junior and senior students to spend one day a week working in respected companies and organizations throughout metro Detroit. They acquire invaluable knowledge as they learn how to carry themselves confidently in professional roles, while they obtain real-world experience that helps them find success beyond their academic studies.
• Dual enrollment through the University of Detroit Mercy
Football, Basketball, Rugby, Baseball, Track & Field, Bowling
CO-CURRICULAR CLUBS & ACTIVITIES:
Numerous clubs and activities including National Honor Society, Chess Club and more