We are a co-ed comprehensive high school serving students of all faiths in northern Macomb County. Driven by Augustinian core values of truth, unity, and love, Austin empowers students spiritually, morally, intellectually, and physically for college and career. A vibrant student experience with athletics, clubs, retreats and service inspires self-worth and motivates leadership. Qualified and dedicated staff with small classes allow for every student to be a name and not a number. Boasting a 100% college acceptance rate, Austin grads have minds to lead, hands to serve, and hearts to love.
• 2023 Enrollment: 115 (Co-Educational)
• Financial Aid Offered: Yes
• Financial Aid Deadline: February 18 (Rd 1), March 17 (Rd 2), April 19 (R3), then rolling
• Scholarships Offered: Yes
• Scholarship Deadline: January 6
• Admission Requirements: Application; Visit; Discipline Release; 7th/8th Grade Report Cards; Standardized Test Scores; Entrance Test (ONLY for Scholarship/Honors Placement)
• Application Deadline: January 6, then rolling
Our Catholic Identity is not an afterthought at Austin — it is prevalent in all we do daily. Students attend student-led prayer daily, and mass is celebrated weekly. Additional liturgical programs are offered throughout the year. Retreats are central to our faith formation, and each year students experience two grade-level retreats focusing on our core values. Remaining true to our Augustinian mission, we seek to establish within our students a lifelong commitment and passion for service to others. Students engage in group and individual service, requiring 100 hours for graduation. Seniors must also complete the Social Justice Caritas Project.
UNIQUE ACADEMIC OFFERINGS:
We aim to prepare our students to not only have knowledge, but to also think critically and produce creatively. We individualize each student's learning plan with advanced learning and/ support systems. A selection of Honors, A.P., Dual Enrollment, C.T.E. opportunities, and online courses extend academics further. Our integrated STEAM program goes beyond S.T.E.M. and fully embraces the arts. With new science-technology labs, a complete art curriculum, and team-taught courses, students can experience the joy of creativity and appreciation of life's beauty. 9th, 11th and 12th grade Seminars support all students with college/career readiness, character education, and S.A.T. prep. Students enroll in seven or eight courses each semester in an alternate block schedule. The average class size is 18 students.
• Boys: Basketball (JV & Varsity), Soccer, Cross Country, Track & Field, Golf, Bowling, Ice Hockey, Co-Op Football, Co-Op Baseball
• Girls: Volleyball (JV & Varsity), Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country, Track & Field, Golf, Bowling, Co-Op Softball
CO-CURRICULAR CLUBS & ACTIVITIES:
National Honor Society, Student Government, Forensics, FIRST Robotics, Drama, Book Club, Archery Club, Pep Band, Worship Team, S.A.V.I. Representatives, Martial Arts Club, Random Acts of Kindness Club, Environmental Club, Quiz Bowl